Friday 29 October 2010

Drawings from My Sketchbook

I normally draw small, detailed drawings so here I was trying to experiment and fill an A3 page. I'm a perfectionist so it took me about 5 hours to complete the bottom image... and the top one just took so long I gave up (which I never EVER do).

Tree which took far too long to draw!
Black fine liner
A3


Tree Silhouette
Black Fine Liner
A3 Double page spread

"Tree Silhouette" (bottom):
It wasn't until really near the end that I realised I had miss judged the size and would have to spread over to the other side slightly, which I feel ruins the image (although you can't actually see thins in the photograph).
  • I should plan out my illustrations in pencil first
  • or work on paper larger than necessary, making the assumption that I'm going to miss judge

No comments:

Post a Comment