Saturday 9 October 2010

"Live Trace" on Adobe Illustrator

Skill
Scanning in one of my illustrations, adjusting the levels and putting it into Illustrator to be 'traced'

Approach to Learning
In one of his critiques, Matt showed us how he "live traced' one of his illustrations to make it look crisp and shaper around the edges.

Process Notes

Key Tips from the Learning Process
  1. If I am 'tracing' the image, I can scan it straight into illustrator. I do not need to adjust the levels first. This will save time.
Before "tracing" After "tracing"

Overall...
I didn't take any notes when Matt showed us the technique so I had to rely on memory. Although this was risky I found that I can remember how to carry out the process better due to this- because I had to remember it seems to have stuck. The only thing which would have made the process easier would be to use a graphics tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment