Friday 22 October 2010

Life Drawing

I went to life drawing classes between 1st- 22nd 0ct. I had been last year and classes before that, but i still felt it was important as an illustrator to attend.

Skill
Life drawing classes- 3hours once a week for 4 weeks.

Approach to learning
There was a life drawing tutor, Claire, who came around and help us individually

Key Tips from the Learning Process
  1. Sometimes I found I was struggling to get the proportion right. I then learn about negative space and how this is as important as the figure itself.
  2. LIfe drawing allowed me to experiment with different media, such as a feather quill and ink. It was a messy way of drawing but it made me less neat an tidy and allowed me to explore.
  3. I used to be really sketchy when drawing. Life drawing has taught me to become more observant and to have confidence in drawing solid lines.
Overall...
I really enjoyed these classes, which made me realise how much I missed it (I used to go 3 hours once a week for 2 years) If they occur again in the future I would definitely put my name down.

No comments:

Post a Comment