Wednesday 3 November 2010

Bird in Animated gif

Skill
Creating an animated gif in Adobe Photoshop

Approach to Learning
I researched 'animated gif in Photoshop' on the internet and taught myself by following the steps from http://creativetechs.com/tipsblog/build-animated-gifs-in-photoshop/.

Process Notes

Key Tips from the Learning Process
  1. I found that sometimes I got muddled up with the different layers and the order they were meant to be in. In the future I need to remember toname/label the different layers according to the correct order.
  2. At first, my animated gif was too fast and I found out that the preview in Photoshop is not very accurate. I learnt to save and export my gif then watch it in quicktime player to get a feel for timings. Then I would go back and edit.
  3. Alos, my first attempt was too short. I had to repeat the 9 frames 5 times so there were 45 frames in total.
  4. When i tried to upload my gif onto my blog it wouldn't work. Through trial and error I learnt that the gif needed to be saved as an MPEG- 4 file

Animation 1-
Too fast and too short




Animation 2-
Slower, but still too short




Final Animation-


Overall...
Learning from a step-by-step guide was simple and quick, making me realise how easy it was to put together an animated gif. If i had known how to do it sooner I think I would have used it a lot more in the past, I will certainly use it in the future. The demonstration I found was really good, however, similarly to learning from books, if i had trouble with something I would have been stuck and had to wait to go into college to get help.

No comments:

Post a Comment