Tuesday 2 November 2010

Reading Week

In 'Animation: A Handy Guide' I found a section explaining about bone structure in animation particularly interesting and decided to give it a go. It turned out to be very useful. All 9 images can be put in a loop in an animation to make it look like it's flying. When I get back to college I will put it into flash/ make an animated gif.











Skill
I want to learn how to use illustration to make an Animation. How to create realistic movement in a an animation.

Approach to Learning
I borrowed a few books from the library and read up on some animation techniques, taking notes as I went along. Then I drew the sequence to test out the suggested technique.

Key Tips from the Learning Process
  1. Make thorough, step by step notes so I can work without the book in the future.
  2. Mark important pages so when I want to go back and try out a particular technique I can easily find it. I did not do this I wasted time trying to find information again.
  3. When I draw out an image to animate I need to make sure I can see the previous image so the animation will line up properly. I thought I would be able to work out the size if the area I was drawing onto was the same size, but i found out that there is still a risk that the images will not synchronise.
  4. Make sure the general shape of the image is similar to the others being put into the animation
Overall...
Teaching myself animation techniques from books meant I could learn/ work at my own pace ensuring that I understood everything as I went along. If I felt I did not understand something I could go back and re- read. However, I did have to be self disciplined. With no-one overlooking what I was doing I could have been easily been distracted. I felt I managed to keep on track though. Another downside was that if I did not understand something after re-reading I was on my own. I would have to wait until I went into college to ask someone. Overall, I found working from books a very successful way of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment